Monday, March 19, 2007

my favorite things

I'm very happy about a software program that I found a few months back, called Snaptune. I originally got the software when I bought an ADS tech FM receiver. But the software is free to all, and is just wonderful. It can record any internet radio stream, or FM station if you have the FM receiver, and recognizes the songs for you. As I can't really find music that I like here locally, I'm able to record my favorite stations and many others that play music I like. Check it out at Snaptune.com

Also, I beta tested Microsoft's Windows Home Server Beta 2. It has some cool new features for home networks. The best thing about it is probably the backup software that's builtin. It backs up all of your computers to it. Of course, I couldn't get this to work one my laptop, bug being that it's still Beta 2. And not too sure about it's Disk Extender which allows you to connect any drive to it and it automatically adds the space to the main system drive. Great for novices, and can accept external drives as well. I'll check it out again on the next build and let you know.


And finally...... Eclipse mints!!! I'm poppin' em like House pops Vicadin.

No comments: